Port Edgar Watersports CIC is the Data Controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
– Process personal data lawfully, fairly and transparently
– Collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, not process for incompatible purposes
– Collect and process only adequate and relevant personal data and limit to minimum necessary
– Ensure all personal data held is accurate and kept up to date
– Not keep personal data in a form which permits identification of data subjects for longer than is necessary for purposes
– Process personal data in a manner that ensures security of personal data using appropriate technical and organisational measures
– Ensure and demonstrate compliance with GDPR accountability
We collect data for the purposes of:
– Processing your booking
– Safely and effectively delivering your course
– Providing any relevant certificates / qualification documentation
– Complying with applicable laws, regulations and procedures
– Sharing with partners that support delivery of your course (see the ‘Who is my data shared with’ section for more information)
By buying a product, or booking or participating in a course you agree to Port Edgar Watersports CIC holding and processing, both electronically and manually, personal data about you.
Personal data will only be shared with a Port Edgar Watersports CIC employee or partner (see the ‘Who do you share my data with?’ section for more information) when it is relevant and for your safety or the safety of others taking part in the course.
– Through the booking process (online, in person or by phone)
– Through the Consent Forms
– Through an accident report form
– Acceptance for inclusion on a mailing list
– By entering in to email, phone or face to face correspondence with an employee of Port Edgar Watersports CIC
We use a number of different systems to help us collect and process data. All of the organisations that supply these s systems comply with the most up to date data protection regulation. Port Edgar Watersports CIC retains ownership of your data at all times and it is never shared with any third parties except with your permission or when required to by Law.
Most data is stored electronically, is password protected, and can only be accessed by authorised employees. Occasionally data may be stored in paper format. Paper data is stored in a locked cabinet and the key is stored in the safe, which can only be accessed by authorised employees.
– Ensure you are booked on to the right course and sent the relevant course information
– Process your course payment
– Ensure your safety and the safety of others on your course
– Sign you up to any relevant online modules that your course may involve
– Issue any certificates / qualifications that are achieved by completing your course
– Compile anonymous statistics about Port Edgar Watersports CIC’s customers
Royal Yachting Association (RYA) – For some courses it is necessary to share some of your data with the RYA. This may be to enrol you on an online course, to issue a certificate or to register your qualification.
British Canoeing (BC) – For some courses it is necessary to share some of your data with British Canoeing and the Scottish Canoe Association (our British Canoeing Home Nation). This may be to issue a certificate or to register your qualification.
Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA), RYA and British Canoeing are our governing bodies. Every 1-2 years they each inspect the centre to ensure it continues to operate to the high standards set by their organisations. During this process they do spot inspections of many of our systems and may come across personal data in the process. They never record this data or take it away and their staff are bound by the same data protection law which restricts them from sharing any personal data they come across while working for these organisations.
Freelancers – On occasion we use Freelancers to support the work we do at Port Edgar Watersports CIC. They are not directly employed by Port Edgar Watersports CIC and instead they are contracted in to do a short piece of work. They are always qualified to run the course they are taking and will adhere to Port Edgar Watersports Standard Operating Procedures. If necessary, we may share data with a freelancer that is involved in your course to ensure your safety and enjoyment on the course. Their contract with Port Edgar Watersports CIC states that they may not share any personal data, before, during or after their contract ends, that they obtained while working for Port Edgar Watersports CIC.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 319 1820 with your request and a member of the senior management team will get back to you as soon as possible.