At Port Edgar we aim to give you a fantastic experience out on the water. To help, here are a few things to remember to get the most from your time with us in a safe and enjoyable way.
- Buoyancy aids must be worn correctly at all times when on or near the water.
- Customers should be water confident whilst wearing a buoyancy aid.
- The very nature of watersports and similar activities means that there is a possibility of getting wet or cold. For this reason applicants on courses must inform Port Edgar if they are taking any regular medication or suffering from illnesses such as angina, epilepsy, asthma, etc. (see booking form).
- Where appropriate we will issue you with a wetsuit or waterproofs, however please bring a swimsuit to wear under a wetsuit and lightweight, loose fitting, comfortable clothes, that you don’t mind getting wet. It is normally a few degrees colder on the water than on the land, so bring enough warm clothing to allow for this.
- Remember suncream, sunglasses and a hat (either woolly or sun depending on the season)!
- Footwear should be wetsuit boots, sailing boots or trainers.
- Don’t forget a towel.
- Customers are welcome to bring their own equipment to use as long as it meets current industry requirements. Our Instructors are always happy to advise on what to wear or purchase if you are looking to have your own e.g. buoyancy aid, boots, wetsuits etc.
- Please always follow the instructions of our staff to ensure a great time at Port Edgar.
- All our bookings are subject to our booking terms and conditions.
For any queries or to book a course please feel free to pop into the Office at Port Edgar, call 0131 319 1820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to one of our team.
You can either bring a packed lunch, or there are two cafes at Port Edgar where you can buy your lunch.
We directly supervise the junior courses (under 12 years) during lunch breaks, but of course we keep an eye on the older ones too.
Cancellations & Refunds
Port Edgar reserves the right to cancel any course if it does not reach the minimum numbers. We will however try to give as much notice as possible and offer an alternative date. If this is not possible, then a full refund will be offered.
If for any reason you are unable to attend your booked course we ask that you provide 14 days notice, and we will try to offer you alternative dates. Refunds will only be given if we can fill the vacancy, however a cancellation fee of £25 will still occur per booking. If you cancel within 14 days we reserve the right to keep 100% of the course payment.
We have a child protection policy in place to protect children in our care, and ensure that our staff are fully trained in child protection. For more information please contact us on 0131 319 1820.